If you carry a rifle with you every day, whether off-body in a pack or in your vehicle, it’s not a bad idea to carry a spare rifle mag on you. This rifle mag attachment for the new Sidecar holster lets you do just that.
Attached via the Spine System with a Spine pin and friction washer, it can carry a variety of 5.56 STANAG magazines in the appendix position, rounds facing rearward or forward depending on user preference. Because the new Sidecar is hinged, the rifle mag remains very well concealed even when running higher capacity mags like 40 round PMAGs. Some retention adjustments will be necessary to fit the brand of magazines you choose to carry. Watch the overview video for a breakdown of installation and adjustment.
One T.REX Sidecar Rifle Mag Attachment with one T.REX IWB Tuckable Clip installed.
Note: Does NOT come with a rifle magazine.
- Made from 0.093 precision-formed Kydex.
- Has four screws for retention adjustment. Because of the adjustable retention, we’re confident it will fit the vast majority of standard STANAG 5.56 magazines. We’ve tried PMAGs, Lancer Mags, steel HK mags, and old-school aluminum mags.
- Comes set up for right-handed carry but you can easily swap the Tuckable Clip to the other side of the carrier to run it on your left-handed holster.
- The attachment and Spine are formed from a single piece of Kydex for a smooth and flexible design. The attachment is connected to the holster by a machined steel pin, which lends the Spine strength and creates the ability to quickly and easily swap out attachments.
- Made in the USA by T.REX ARMS.
View the Sidecar Hardware Diagram HERE.
The T.REX IWB Tuckable Clip is injection molded from high-strength acetal plastic. It is 3/4″ wide and 3 5/8″ long and is a Universal fit (i.e. fits belts 1.5″ to 1.75″) with a 0.5″ of adjustment. Made in the USA.