NAR HyFin Vent Chest Seal
North American Rescue’s HyFin Vent Chest Seal is used on penetrating injuries like gunshot or stab wounds to seal the chest cavity. The HyFin Vent chest seals feature three channels that allow air to escape while stopping air from re-entering the chest cavity and causing lung collapse. This is the standard 6-inch chest seal. There is also a compact version that is 25% smaller, if storage room is a consideration.
One pair of North American Rescue HyFin Vent Chest Seals
- Designed for the prevention, management, and treatment of an open and/or tension pneumothorax potentially caused by a penetrating chest trauma
- Patented, new design with 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Comes with two chest seals—designed for the treatment of both entry/exit or multiple penetrating injuries
- Advanced adhesive technology designed to provide a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties
- Easy-to-grip, large red tab for single step, peel-and-apply application that allows for the burping of the wound if necessary
- Tension Pneumothorax: This is a condition where air accumulates in the chest cavity, creating pressure and potentially causing a collapsed lung. The Greek words pneumo & pneuma mean “lungs” or “air”. Therefore a pneumothorax is air in the chest cavity outside the lungs (also called the pleural space). In some cases, the pressure of both the lung and the tension pneumothorax can apply pressure to the heart muscle which could be urgent and deadly.
Made in the USA.
View the Directions for Use HERE.
|6″ x 6″ (excluding tab)
|7.5 in. x 4.5 in. x 0.25 in.
|7.5 in. x 9 in. x 0.13 in.
North American Rescue products cannot be shipped outside of the US.