T.Rex Arms offers a 5% discount on all Kydex products to anyone who carries a gun in the line of duty. This includes any person who:
1. Believes they have a moral duty to defend innocent life, where legally and morally possible.
2. Trains regularly and is prepared to risk his or her life in defense of others.
3. Carries whenever possible in order to discharge this duty.
We leave it to the conscience of individual customers to determine if they qualify for this discount.
Why is our policy so broad? Because we believe it is the duty of every American man to be armed at all times. This concept lives on in the US Code as well as in the laws of many of our states. See, for example, 10 U.S. Code § 246, or TN Code § 58-1-104. The majority of the adult male population in this country are still part of the “unorganized militia”; they are legally subject to mobilization.
“The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
– Thomas Jefferson, 1824
“Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent upon every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.”
– Robert Peel, Principles of Policing, 1829
“A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined…”
– George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790
“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”
– Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.”
– James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789
“A militia when properly formed is in fact the people themselves…and includes, according to the past and general usage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms…. To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.”
– Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788