EOTECH HWS EXPS3-1
It’s no secret EOTECH’s holographic weapon sights (HWS) are one of our favorite red dot options. We have been using them for years. The large field of view, clear glass, and numerous brightness settings make them a high performer in a wide array of scenarios. They work excellently under night vision, in front of a magnifier, and in general use. After years of using their optics, we asked EOTECH if they’d be willing to make us a version that combined all of our favorite features into one optic. Enter the EXPS3-1—a new EOTECH model that combines the advantages of the EXPS series (the QD mount, lower 1/3rd height, and extra, easily accessible NV settings) with the crisp single 1 MOA dot of the XPS2-1 model.
While we certainly love the classic donut reticle, the single 1 MOA dot offers some great advantages over the donut of death. For some users, the donut reticle can be too busy, taking up a good portion of the window. But with this one, no matter how bright you run the optic, the single dot is less likely to consume smaller targets—whether up close or at distance. Most red dot reticles are 2 MOA or larger; the larger the reticle, the more it will bloom. The smaller 1 MOA dot helps to lessen this effect, offering benefits for those with astigmatism.
One EOTECH HWS EXPS 3-1; one CR123 battery; protective case; Quick Reference card; EOTECH sticker
We include an 8.5″ x 11″ rifle zero target with every optic. We recommend a 50/200 meter zero for most 5.56 rifles.
How to Zero in 2 Minutes – Video – T.REX ARMS
- 1 MOA center dot
- Compact design and side button operation consume minimal rail space
- Multiple brightness settings with both standard and night vision modes offering quick adjustability
- Night vision brightness settings are undetectable by enemy night-vision surveillance systems and promote ultimate clarity in complete darkness
- Non-reflective sight window and holographic reticle are visible only to you, the shooter; no mirrored or metal-coated surfaces to give away your position
- 7mm raised quick detach base for lower 1/3 iron sight co-witness
- 10-year limited EOTECH Warranty
Made in the USA.
View the User Manual HERE.
|Length x Width x Height||3.8″ x 2.3″ x 2.9″ (96.5 x 58.4 x 73.7 mm)|
|Water Resistant||33ft. (10 m) depth|
|Mount||1″ Weaver or MIL-STD-1913 rail|
|Windage & Elevation Adjustment||0.5 MOA per click|
|Brightness||20 daylight settings; 10 NV settings|
|Power Source||1 x CR123 battery|
|Battery Life||1,000 continuous hours at nominal setting 12 at room temperature|
|Operating Temperature||-40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)|
This product cannot be shipped outside the US due to E.A.R. regulations.
This product contains lithium and cannot be shipped outside of the contiguous 48 United States.