Ops-Core FAST RF1 High Cut Helmet System
The Ops-Core FAST RF1 helmet offers an almost unprecedented level of protection. While most ballistic helmets are rated for protection against fragmentation, blunt impact, and specific pistol threats, the RF1 is made to withstand rifle rounds like 5.56 and 7.62. The RF1 comes with an assortment of pads to help fit the helmet precisely to your head, including a nape pad that can help stabilize the helmet even more. Couple that with the well-engineered suspension system and occipital dial, and you have a top-of-the-line helmet system both in comfort and protection. Ops-Core helmets also offer a robust after-market eco-system, making it very straightforward to set up with ear pro, gas masks, counterweights, visors, or whatever you want to run.
Ops-Core FAST RF1 Ballistic Helmet; protective helmet bag; nape pad; comfort pad kit; accessory kit
|HELMET SIZE||HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE|
|Medium||20 7/8 – 22 in (53-56 cm)|
|Large||22 – 23 1/4 in (56-59 cm)|
|X-Large||23 1/4 – 24 3/8 in (59-62 cm)|
See Also: Ops-Core Helmet Sizing Guide
- Industry-leading ballistic protection against small arms threats.
- High-cut, ballistic shell made of a hybrid composite of the most advanced Carbon, Unidirectional Polyethylene, and woven Aramid.
- High-cut shell geometry extends critical coverage over the rear occipital lobe without load carrier interference and optimizes weight distribution for increased stability, integration, balance, and comfort.
- Ear cut geometry is 16mm higher than the FAST XP High Cut shell shape, allowing for clearance of larger headset-style communication devices.
- High Cut Skeleton Rails offer a lower profile with a 30% weight reduction from FAST MT Super High Cut Rails.
- Features a lightweight Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) which reduces snag hazards and interference. Integrated carabiner clips improve NVG retention, and stability, and reduce interference with rail-mounted accessories.
- Molded liner features a proprietary recessed groove, accommodating over-the-head communications headsets with no interference or user discomfort, and the ability to doff and don the helmet without removing the headset.
- The interior of the helmet features an expanded polypropylene (EPP) liner, offering enhanced impact protection, and molded-in vent holes provide increased airflow and reduce heat stress.
- Suspension and Retention: Vented Lux Liner with Low Profile Occ-Dial and Head-Loc Retention System
|Shell Construction||Two-stage non-slit|
|Shell Thickness||0.400″ (10.16mm)|
|Cut Style||High cut|
|Blunt Impact Protection||150 G’s at 10 ft/s (per ACH CO/PD 05-04:2007)|
|Compression Testing||Top-to-Bottom: 0.020” (0.51 mm) Max @ 400 lbs. (181.44 kg)|
Side-to-Side: 0.125” (3.18 mm) Max @ 300 lbs. (136.08 kg)
(Per MICH Type II FQ/PD 06-35C: 2013)
|Environmental Resistance||Cold -60° F (-51° C), and Hot +160° F (71° C)|
Temperature, Shock, Flame Resistance, Altitude, Vibration, Seawater, Field Agent
Resistance, Weatherometer (Per ACH CO/PD 05-04:2007)
|Size||Protective Area||Total Weight|
|Medium||137in² (884cm²)||3.32lbs (1509g)|
|Large||148in² (955cm²)||3.51lbs (1594g)|
|X-Large||163in² (1052cm²)||3.85lbs (1745g)|
- Obliquity: Deviation from parallelism or perpendicularity or the amount of such deviation. In our context, without using ten-dollar words, this is the angle at which an object strikes the helmet.
- RCC: Right Circular Cylinder. This is a cylinder of varying weights that are used in fragmentation testing.
- FSP: Fragment Simulation Projectiles. Extremely similar to the RCC, but FSPs feature a chisel-shaped nose.
- V0 or V50: A ballistic test where the helmet is placed over a clay-filled head form. For these helmets, this test includes a sequence of five ballistic impacts, one each to the front, rear, left, and right sides, and the helmet crown. V0 is the velocity at which zero projectiles penetrate the armor, and V50 is the velocity at which 50% of the projectiles penetrate the armor. These tests are usually performed at 0° obliquity with some tolerance on either side to provide some room for error.
|Projectile||Minimum V50 BL(P) at 0°(±5°) Obliquity (ft/s)||Minimum V50 BL(P) at 0°(±5°) Obliquity (m/s)|
|2 – Grain RCC||6,050 ft/s||1,844 m/s|
|4 – Grain RCC||5,575 ft/s||1,699 m/s|
|16 – Grain RCC||4,625 ft/s||1,409 m/s|
|64 – Grain RCC||3,150 ft/s||960 m/s|
|17 – Grain FSP||4,400 ft/s||1,341 m/s|
|Projectile||V0 RTP at 0°(±3°) Obliquity (ft/s)||V0 RTP at 0°(±3°) Obliquity (m/s)|
|9mm FMJ||1400 ft/s||427 m/s|
|7.62 x 39mm (Mild Steel Core)||2,380 ft/s||725 m/s|
|7.62 x 51mm NATO M80 Ball||2,780 ft/s||847 m/s|
|5.56mm NATO M193||3,250 ft/s||990 m/s|
This product is restricted by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and cannot be shipped outside of the USA.