TA Targets C Zone Reactive Vital Zone Steel Target
The TA Targets A-DAP system has been our steel target of choice for many years. It provides positive feedback for effective hits, has exceptional durability, and is extremely safe to use. Plus, it has a distinctive “ring” when hit that is easy to hear. This is the larger C-Zone size target, which we find to be good for longer distances where the Mini A-DAP can be brutal. This model also features a reactive A-zone that swings freely of the target, making feedback much more clear.
One AR550 A-DAP Reactive C-Zone Plate; breakdown target base; Gen 5 A-DAP top bracket; hardware
- Target Plate Dimensions: Approximately 12″ wide x 24″ tall with reactive A-zone cutout.
- Extremely durable and stable breakdown base holds a single 2×4 post for the steel target and two furring strips for paper targets.
- Grade 8 carriage bolts.
- Painted finish.
- Adjustable mounting bracket so the user can change the cant of the target. Note: Accelerated 2×4 wear will be experienced on the last hole setting.
- 3/8″ AR550: Rated for pistols at 10 yards, .223-308 at 50 yards, and larger calibers at 100 yards.* The target can be unbolted and flipped to extend its life.
- 1/2″ AR550: Rated for pistols at 10 yards, .223 as close as 30 yards (with proper ammo), 308 at 50 yards, and magnum rifle calibers at 100 yards and beyond.*
*NOTE: Distance recommendations are determined with lead core, copper-jacketed ammunition with a muzzle velocity of 3,000 FPS or less. Faster ammunition may require further distances to avoid possible dimpling of the plate. Not intended for steel core or penetrator ammunition.
Made in the USA.
Many steel targets are advertised as “AR500,” but their actual Brinell hardness rating is lower, which causes the target to be softer and, thus, more dangerous to shoot. TA Targets advertised as AR550 have an actual hardness rating of 550 or above. This is why we trust them over other companies—we know we can safely put hundreds of thousands of rounds on their targets.
TA Targets products are only eligible for shipping within the contiguous 48 United States.