Aimpoint Duty RDS Red Dot Sight
Video | What’s Included | Specs | Pictures | Restrictions | Related Info
The Aimpoint Duty RDS is one of our go-to lower-cost optics. It accomplishes all the major tasks of the top-tier Aimpoint T-2 but at a much lower price point. It’s slightly larger than the T-2 but smaller than the Aimpoint PRO which makes it a solid choice for those wanting to add a magnifier or an optic more forward for passive aiming through night vision. The brightness adjustment buttons are solid, though a bit more difficult to press than the quick-twist knob featured on the T-2 and PRO.
The Duty RDS has the same footprint as the Aimpoint Micro T-1/Micro T-2 and is compatible with all Micro T-1/T-2 mounts. However, the Duty RDS does sit a bit higher than the T-1/T-2 so extra attention will be required when choosing a mount. You can read more about that HERE.
In our experience, it’s durable, reliable, and has an extremely long battery life. It comes with flip-up lens covers and a Picatinny rail mount which makes it good-to-go right out of the box.
One Duty RDS Red Dot Reflex Sight; One torsion nut mount and spacer (39mm); Flip-Up lens covers (One front, One back); One CR2032 battery; One Allen T10 wrench.
We include an 8.5″ x 11″ rifle zero target with every red dot. We recommend a 50/200 meter zero for most 5.56 rifles. (Click on the thumbnail for a printable version)
How to Zero in 2 Minutes – Video – T.REX ARMS
– 2 MOA red dot for precision and fast target acquisition
– Battery life: 30,000 hours (over 3 years) of constant operation with one battery on setting 7
– Battery type: CR2032 battery (included)
– One-piece Torsion Nut Mount
– Flip-up lens covers – front is solid, and rear is transparent
– Advanced optical lenses for enhanced light transmission and ultimate dot clarity
– Windage and elevation adjustments are flush mounted and waterproof – eliminating the need for protective caps
– Hard anodized non-reflective surface
– 10 brightness settings: 1 off position, 4 night vision compatible settings, and 6 daylight settings
– 1X (non-magnifying) operationally parallax free optic
– Submersible to 80 feet (25 meters)
– Temperature span -49°F to +160°F
– Weight 3.8 oz / 108 g (sight only)
– Length x Width x Height 2.7 x 1.5 x 1.7 in / 68 x 37 x 43 mm
View the User Manual HERE and the Product Sheet Technical Specifications HERE.
|Clear aperture||18 mm|
|Dot size||2 MOA (MOA: Minute of Angle, 1 MOA ≈ 30 mm at 100 m or ≈ 1” at 100 yds)|
|Night Vision Device Compatible||Yes|
|Optical coating||Anti-reflex (AR) coating|
|Adjustment||1 click ≈ 15 mm at 100 m ≈ 0.5 in at 100 yds (0.5 MOA per click)|
|Adjustment range (windage and elevation)||±1 m at 100 m; ±1 yd at 100 yds|
|Dot intensity settings||10 settings manually adjusted with push buttons. Settings 1 – 4 for use with NVD and settings; 5 – 10 for use in daylight.|
|Signature||No forward optical signature from the dot beyond 10 meters|
|Battery type||CR2032 (3.0 V) Lithium|
|Battery life (Values valid at room temperature for a quality battery)||3 years of use on setting 7|
|SIZE (L × W × H)|
|Sight (excl. mount)||68 mm × 37 mm × 43 mm (2.7 in × 1.5 in × 1.7 in)|
|Sight (excl. mount)||108 g (3.8 oz)|
|HEIGHT OF OPTICAL AXIS|
|Standard mount||30 mm / 1.2 in|
|High mount||39 mm / 1.5 in|
|Sight housing||High strength, forged aluminum, black to dark gray, non-glare finish|
|Temperature range (operation)||-45 °C to +71 °C (-50 °F to +160 °F)|
|Temperature range (storage)||-51 °C to +71 °C (-60 °F to +160 °F)|
|Water resistance||Submersible 25 m|
This product is restricted by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and cannot be shipped outside of the USA.
What Optic Height Should I Go With? – Help – T.REX ARMS
Aimpoint Duty RDS Mounting Considerations – Help – T.REX ARMS
Aimpoint Duty RDS Red Dot Sight Overview – Video – T.REX ARMS