NAR Combat Application Tourniquet (CAT)
At T.REX ARMS we believe that being trained and prepared for the aftermath of any violent encounter is just as important as training for the encounter itself. Carrying medical gear and understanding some basics in trauma response can make a huge difference.
Tourniquets are relatively easy to carry on your person and reduce the need to improvise, something you don’t want to do unless you have to. The CAT tourniquet by North American Rescue is the most widely-issued tourniquet in the world, and has been used to save countless lives.
- Single Routing Buckle: Decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Windlass Rod: Increased diameter, enhanced strength, aggressive ribbing improves grip
- Windlass Clip: Bilateral beveled entry, rapid windlass lock, bilateral buttress, added strength
- Windlass Strap: New reinforced strap, gray color for tactical considerations (Black only)
- Stabilization Plate: Reinforced, beveled contact bar, improved comfort
- Free-Moving Internal Band: Patented band within band, truly even distribution of circumferential pressure
Made in the USA.
COUNTERFEIT WARNING AND AUTHENTICITY
Due to the widespread success and popularity of CAT tourniquets, various companies in Asia have counterfeited CATs and imported them into the US. The counterfeit CATs are typically shoddy and should not be trusted as life-saving equipment. Many of these fake tourniquets have made it onto major online retail platforms and are sold to unsuspecting customers. With this in mind, it’s important to purchase tourniquets from trusted sources so you know you’re getting the real deal that is capable of working properly when someone’s life is on the line. We purchase our CATs direct from the manufacturer, North American Rescue, and these are the latest Gen. 7 model.
To learn more about the CAT, click here.
North American Rescue products cannot be shipped outside of the US.