SureFire EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra
If you’re looking for minimalist, comfortable, in-ear protection, the Surefire EP7’s are hard to beat for the price. They offer a 28-dB noise reduction rating when the filter caps are closed. The filter caps can be opened to allow for clearer sound without having to remove each unit from your ears. The tips are memory-foam, so they’re quite comfortable and provide an adequate seal. The shape of the Earlock retention rings serves to hold the units in place, preventing them from accidentally falling out of your ear.
The EP7’s include a carrying case, which is nice for keeping organized in your range bag or kit, and they also make for a great set of backup ear protection, since they work well, they’re inexpensive, and they take up little to no space. T.REX also offers the SureFire EP4, which uses triple-flanged ear plugs instead of memory foam.
One pair SureFire EP7 Sonic Defenders Plus; one carry case; one polymer lanyard; additional pair of replacement tips
- Patented foam-tipped earplugs that deliver superior hearing protection
- Two levels of protection— with attached filter caps in or out— against two types of noise: continuous noise (example: loud roar of an engine) and impulse noise (example: gunshot)
- Provides a 28-dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR)(with filter caps inserted)
- Potentially harmful noises above 85 dB are reduced via proprietary noise-reducing filter
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade memory foam that’s soft, comfortable, and durable
- Provides secure seals in ear canals and all-day comfort
- Patented EarLock retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time
- Low-profile design for superior comfort when worn with a mask, helmet or hat, or while using a phone, headphones or supplemental hearing muffs
- Protects against Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL) without compromising the ability to hear routine sounds or conversations in noisy environments
- Includes attached filter caps that can be inserted for additional protection, blocking out lower-level noise
- Can serve as earpieces for compatible radio communication systems
Note: EP7 earpiece will not provide hearing protection if the noise-reducing filter is removed.
Note: Available in small (S), medium (M), and large (L). Proper size is based on the dimensions of your ear’s concha bowl. Size “medium” fits most people.
Made in the USA.
View the User Manual HERE.
SureFire products cannot be shipped outside of the US.