Garmin Foretrex 801
What’s Included | Specs | Related Info
The Garmin Foretrex has been around for quite some time now and has improved over the years, adding more satellites, mobile device features, and better battery life. This GPS device is super simplistic and extremely durable, and it provides you the capability of knowing where you are, as well as info that can help you travel to specific remote locations.
The Foretrex 801 is most commonly mounted on the wrist; however, it pairs very well on backpack straps, chest rigs, and plate carriers. The monochromatic display on the 801 can be seen easily in low light conditions without projecting too much light but is also bright enough to see easily during the day.
Garmin Foretrex 801; hook and loop wrist strap; USB-C cable; documentation
- Up to 100 hours of battery life in navigation mode or up to 1000 hours in expedition mode.
- Uses 2 field-replaceable AAA batteries (not included).
- Tested to military standards (MIL-STD-810) to withstand sand and dust, vibration, shock, temperature, altitude, humidity and more. The rugged design features an IPX7 water-resistant rating.
- Use stealth mode to stop storing and sharing GPS data and disable wireless connectivity. In case of security issues, hit the kill switch to erase the device memory. Use jumpmaster mode to calculate high-altitude release points in accordance with military guidelines.
- The improved monochromatic screen is easy to read in a variety of lighting conditions, even with night vision goggles.
- Navigate the terrain with advanced sensors, including a 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter. Get improved position accuracy with upgraded multi-band GNSS.
- Get smart notifications when linked with your compatible smartphone. Pair with your compatible inReach® satellite communicator, and view messages directly on the screen.
Made in Taiwan.
|Dimensions||2.9″ x 1.9″ x 0.9″|
|Display Size||2.2″ diagonal|
|Display Resolution||320 x 240 pixels|
|Display Type||monochrome MIP|
|Weight||3.8 oz with batteries|
|Battery Type||2 AAA batteries (not included)|
|Battery Life||Up to 100 hours in default GPS Mode|
UP to 1000 hours in Expedition Mode
|MIL-STD-810||Yes (thermal, shock, water); bare unit only|
Foretrex: Navigate the World Hands-free – Video – Garmin
Compass Calibration on a Garmin Foretrex – Video – Garmin