SureFire M600U Scout Light
The M600U from SureFire is an all-around great weapon light. It’s built to take abuse and is one of the most proven reliable weapon lights on the market. It comes ready to use on any picatinny rail right out of the box with a rear click tail cap (momentary and constant-on function), 2 CR123As, and a rail clamp mount.
It has 1000 lumens and 11,300 candela which makes it effective at close to medium range. Positive identification on a target in total darkness at 40-50 yards is about the most you can rely on. Beyond that, you can make out a target within 100 yards but the details will not be easily discernable. The beam is more flood (wide) than a spot, but great at what it does.
One SureFire M600U Scout Light (Tan or Black): MH60 Body + M75 Mount (thumbscrew) + Z68 Tailcap (click-on) + KE2-B White LED Bezel and two 123A lithium batteries.
– Virtually indestructible ultra-high-output LED generates 1,000 lumens of blinding light; produces tactical-level light for 1.25 hours on two 123A batteries
– TIR lens shapes versatile beam with enough reach and surround light for indoor/CQB and outdoor/medium-to-long-range operations
– Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum body and tempered window make it light rugged, durable and combat ready
– Activation via Z68 momentary/constant-on push-button switching with protective shroud
– M75 Thumbscrew mount attaches quickly & securely to MIL-STD-1913 rail
– O-ring seals keep out moisture; the M600U is IPX7 rated
View the Universal Scout Light User Manual & Configurator HERE.
|PEAK BEAM INTENSITY||11,300 candela|
|FINISH||Hard Anodized (MIL-A-8625 Type III, Class 2)|
|WEIGHT (w/ batteries)||4.8 oz. (136 g)|
|LENGTH||5.5 in (13.9 cm)|
|BEZEL DIAMETER||1.125 in (2.9 cm)|
|BATTERIES||Two 123A lithium (incl.)|
|LIQUID INGRESS PROTECTION||IPX7, Submersion up to one meter for 30 minutes|
Lumens is the total amount of light emitted.
Candela is how far and tightly focused the light is thrown onto a target.
Lumens is important, but Candela is king when it comes to identifying targets. Lumens can light up a room (flood light), but candela can light up the details on a particular object (throw light).