Garmin Instinct Solar
While Garmin introduced the Instinct 2 many months ago, there are still some remaining first-generation Instinct Solar Tactical watches available. We’ve managed to procure a stock of these original Instinct watches. The Instinct, while technically inferior to the Instinct 2, boasts impressive features. It offers weeks of battery life, which can be further extended by exposure to sunlight. It includes the same GPS functions, waypoints, breadcrumbs, and navigation features. Additionally, it features an altimeter, barometer, and compass setup, along with similar health-tracking capabilities.
For outdoor enthusiasts seeking a highly capable GPS watch with a full suite of tools, who don’t mind the bi-weekly charging routine and want to save a few of their hard-earned dollars, the Instinct presents a compelling option.
Garmin Instinct Solar – Tactical Edition; charging/data cable
- Experience unprecedented battery life with solar charging.
- The Instinct is built to the U.S. military standard 810 for thermal, shock, and water resistance (rated to 100 meters).
- Go dark by enabling stealth mode to stop storing and sharing your GPS position and disable wireless connectivity and communication.
- Switch between daytime view and nighttime view with a screen designed to be read by night vision goggles.
- Always know the way back — create a waypoint to mark the location of your vehicle before you start your trip.
- Dual-format GPS coordinates with latitude and longitude references offer unparalleled situational awareness.
- Get heart rate data along with alerts if your heart rate stays too high or too low while you’re at rest. Gauge how hard your heart is working during activities, even underwater.
- Optimize your body’s energy reserves using heart rate variability, stress, sleep, and other data to gauge when you’re ready to be active or when you may need to rest.
- Heart rate variability is used to calculate your stress level score, so you can see if you’re having a calm, balanced, or stressful day.
- Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
- Receive emails, texts, and alerts right on your watch when paired with a compatible device.
Made in Taiwan. Cable made in Taiwan or China.
View the User Manual HERE.
|Lens Material||Power Glass™|
|Bezel Material||Fiber-reinforced polymer|
|Case Material||Fiber-reinforced polymer|
|QuickFit™ Watch Band Compatible||Yes (22 mm)|
|Physical Size||45 x 45 x 15.3 mm|
Fits wrists with a circumference of 132-224 mm
|Water Rating||10 ATM|
|Display Type||Monochrome, sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)|
|Display Size||Custom, two-window design; 0.9” x 0.9” (23 x 23 mm)|
|Display Resolution||128 x 128 pixels|
|Battery Life||Smartwatch: Up to 24 days/54 days with solar*|
Battery Saver Watch Mode: Up to 56 days/Unlimited with solar*
GPS: Up to 30 hours/38 hours with solar**
Max Battery GPS Mode: Up to 70 hours/145 hours with solar**
Expedition GPS Activity: Up to 28 days/68 days with solar*
|Charging Method||Garmin proprietary plug charger|
See the full range of specs and features on Garmin’s website HERE.