Garmin epix (Gen 2)
At T.REX ARMS, we believe the best bang for your buck in the smartwatch space is the Garmin Instinct 2. It is nearly indestructible, has near indefinite battery life, and a perfect balance of practical features and a low price, especially compared to some of Garmin’s other high-end luxury watches.
However, these high-end watches do offer some valuable and unique features. One step above the Instinct is the Fenix family, which adds a color display, offline topographical maps, turn-by-turn navigation, access to an entire app store, massive customizability, a touch screen, and various other creature comforts. One step above the Fenix is the Epix family, which takes all of those Fenix features and adds a much higher-resolution AMOLED display.
This display gives you roughly 3x the resolution, more vibrant colors, and better low-light performance for a mere $300 extra. However, for a limited time, T.Rex Arms has a limited number of second-generation Epix watches for roughly half the average retail price.
The catch is that Garmin will likely release an upgraded version of this watch relatively soon. If you are interested in getting a capable, advanced, high-end watch but don’t absolutely need the latest edition, this is a great opportunity.
Garmin epix™ (Gen 2) – Standard Edition; charging/data cable
- Receive a comprehensive report summarizing your sleep, recovery, training outlook, HRV status, training readiness, and current weather immediately upon waking up.
- Minimize the effects of jet lag by following guidance on light exposure, sleep schedule, and exercise during long-distance trips, all while syncing your travel details with the Garmin Connect app.
- Monitor your altitude acclimation and sleep quality using a Pulse Ox sensor that estimates your body’s oxygen absorption through wrist-based light beams.
- Continuously track your heart rate throughout the day and receive alerts if it stays too high or too low during rest, as well as gauge your exertion levels during activities, including swimming.
- Keep an eye on your respiration patterns during the day, throughout your sleep, and during breathwork and yoga exercises.
- Utilize the Health Snapshot™ feature to record essential statistics like heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration, and stress in a 2-minute session and generate a report to share via the Garmin Connect app.
- Assess your stress levels using heart rate variability, providing insights into whether your day is calm, balanced, or stressful.
- Gain in-depth insights into your sleep with a detailed breakdown of your light, deep, and REM sleep stages, and receive a sleep score alongside valuable insights.
- Optimize your energy levels by monitoring your body battery using data from heart rate variability, stress levels, sleep data, and more, helping you determine the best times to be active or take a rest.
- Keep track of your daily fluid intake and set hydration goals that automatically adjust based on your activity-induced sweat levels.
- Subscribe to Outdoor Maps+ for premium mapping content, such as satellite imagery and enhanced topo maps, downloaded directly to your watch.
- Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, a barometer to monitor the weather, and a 3-axis electronic compass.
- Use the ClimbPro ascent planner to see real-time information on your current and upcoming climbs, including gradient, distance, and elevation gain — as well as descents and flats.
- Download TopoActive maps via Wi-Fi® connectivity from around the world — or get your local region preloaded on the Sapphire edition watch — to keep your explorations on track. View terrain contours, elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes, and other geographical features.
- Follow a route or course with help from turn-by-turn directions, which let you know ahead of time when the next turn is coming.
Made in Taiwan. Cable made in Taiwan, China, or Myanmar.
View the User Manual HERE.
|Lens Material||Corning® Gorilla® Glass|
|Bezel Material||Passivated Stainless Steel|
|Case Material||Fiber-reinforced polymer with Steel Rear Cover|
Sapphire Editions: Fiber-reinforced polymer with Titanium Rear Cover
|QuickFit™ Watch Band Compatible||Included (22 mm)|
|Physical Size||47 x 47 x 14.5 mm|
Fits Wrists with the Following Circumference:
Silicone Band: 125-208 mm
Leather Band: 132-210 mm
Fabric Band: 132-210 mm
Metal Band: 132-215 mm
|Weight||76 g (Case Only: 53 g)|
|Water Rating||10 ATM|
|Display Type||AMOLED (Always-On)|
|Display Size||1.3” (33.0 mm) Diameter|
|Display Resolution||416 x 416 Pixels|
|Battery Life||Smartwatch: Up to 16 days (6 days always-on)|
Battery Saver Watch Mode: Up to 21 days
GPS Only: Up to 42 hours (30 hours always-on)
All Satellite Systems: Up to 32 hours (24 hours always-on)
All Satellite Systems + Music: Up to 10 hours (9 hours always-on)
Max Battery GPS: Up to 75 hours
Expedition GPS: Up to 14 days
|Charging Method||Garmin Proprietary Plug Charger|